Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Bakers


I woke up Saturday and Chris had started a batch of bagels. He is so ambitious! They were really good and he's looking forward to perfecting the recipe and his techniques. They weren't the prettiest things (though Chris did describe one as "something you'd see at the store") but what a treat! And Bowie enjoyed helping out, of course.

Today Chris made a batch of gumbo and pizza. The photo above shows Bowie rolling out his baby sized pizza. He spread the sauce and added his toppings while pinching off tastes of dough. It was a fun mess!

Last night, Chris and I went out to two parties. My folks stayed with Bowie. He had a hard time going down to sleep with them, but had a great time with them, too. He's been asking for Nonnie all day. Chris and I truly enjoyed our evening out, but Bowie was never out of our minds as Chris showed off his "album" of laminated wallets. "He's beautiful!" "That makes me want to have a baby!" were repeated over and over again. And when asked about being a mother, I couldn't hold back my total elation about our family.

No comments: