Saturday, September 02, 2006

I Ride It Myselfs



Thursday is Saver's day. We don't go every Thursday, but many many of them. Saver's is a thrift store in our neighborhood. Chris thinks it's not different from Goodwill, but I like it so much more. They categorize the clothes by size AND color!

Bowie and I have this deal that he rides in the cart while I look through the children's clothes adn then he gets to get down and play with the toys and bicycles. There are always bicycles there in various sizes and deterioration. They have always been too big for Bowie, though I would steady the bikes so that he could practice mounting and dismounting. Well, last week there was a tiny bike with training wheels there. He got on all by himself and took off! He very impressively went up and down the aisles, mastering sharp turns and even managing to stop a few times. After about a half hour of cruising Saver's I decided that although I have had my doubts about training wheels (seems to me that balance is very important and I imagined Bowie riding one of those cool European wooden bikes without pedals first) but the $5.99 price tag and the extreme joy of my son won me over.

My baby rides a bike "all by myselfs" as he says.

3 comments:

MamaC said...

Wow! Go Bowie go! That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

I can't even remember whose blog I was reading the comment section in that eventually led me to lurk here. LOL Maybe Tara Whitney? Anyway, I think your photographs are great. Really good - and I see lots of photos on lots of blogs, but yours do stand out. And what a cute little guy you have. :)

Autumn said...

thanks chelsea

festivus, thank you for the kind words.