Thursday, November 30, 2006

When I Don't Take Photos








I have a terrible photographic addiction. To the point of returning from a marvelous, perfect, dreamy family/friend holiday campout and feeling sad that I didn't take enough pictures. That I woke up from nap just at the golden hour and that it was time to cook dinner. That Chris waded all the way across the river and I could see beauitful naked Bowie skipping rocks with his Papa, but that I was too far away to get a shot. That my gorgeous little 7 week old nephew bravely took his first camping trip with grace and I didn't get a single, not ONE!, photo of him.




Photos are how I reflect on my life and the people I share it with. When I don't have these images as proof of my love and joy, I feel sad for awhile.

2 comments:

Sophie K said...

The photo of Chris and Bowie walking in the river is just magical - a true autumn Autumn photo.
I also peeked at your Xmas-themed photos on Flickr and I just about swooned when I saw Bowie's gorgeous face and smile. I just wonder how much more handsome he will become. Is it even possible?
Sophie

Autumn said...

thank you sweet sophie. he is really working the flirt and smile these days.