Thursday, November 02, 2006

Skeleton Family



BOO! We had a great Halloween. Bowie went trick or treating for the first time. The first house gave him one little bag of m&ms and he sat down in their lawn and ate it, piece by piece there! He loved it. We had prepped him for trading his halloween candy with the halloween fairy (had even found a little book about it at Halp Price Books). When we got in the car to come home, he started crying out of the blue saying he didn't want the fairy to take his candy away. We said he'd only trade if he wanted to. He did end up putting two babe ruths (out of about a total of a dozen candies) out on the porch for the fairy without any coaxing.

I am really impressed that he wasn't afraid. Last weekend we went to a Dia de los Luertos festival and he wasn't frightened there either. He watched me put my makeup on from start to finish. But he didn't want any on, which I'm sure was just as well since we literally crashed a church's fall festival when Bowie got into their bouncy house. (I was trying to hide the beer I was drinking during our trick or treating, hee hee!)

3 comments:

R said...

Oh wow, you guys look really fantastic. I'm very impressed with the costumes and the effort you all made! I'm glad Bowie didn't get scared. xxx

Anonymous said...

Excellent costumes and of course, terrific pics!

Autumn said...

thank you friends. i am still hoping ot get us all costumed again to take some pics. these are just snaps at the party. i want something a bit moodier, you know? bowie does ask to wear his painted skeleton shirt!