Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pumpkin "Farm"




We drove out to Swwet Berry Farms on Saturday last weekend (they are a farm but don't grow pumpkins). I had put it off waiting for cooler weather and the weekdays had been wonderfully chilly, but Saturday was less than autumnal. We sought out shade, especially since Destiny's family was with us, inlcuding 8 day old Pablo! Oh, I am amazed by how well they are all doing. As my friend Michele said, "Some people make it look easy." Honey sure was happy to get her ya-yas out with Bowie. They ran and ran, and climbed pumpkin mounds, and slid off the haybale, and painted pumpkins, and ate freshmade, churned ice cream (we adults all went for the pumkin while the kids chose strawberry), pulled wagons. They have so much energy. I have so little.

By the way, I'm feeling lots better. He's such a wonderful, funny, sweet boy. And I am a strong mama that will help him through this...(that's what I keep telling myself)

No comments: