Friday, July 27, 2007

My To-Do List


at the Getty Museum


*reflect on the trip Bowie and I just courageously and insanely made. We flew to LA to visit with friends and photographers who became friends. We drove through San Francisco, the redwood forest, along the Oregon coast to Eugene for the Oregon County Fair. And had to give up on a camping trip with friends due to utter and total exhaustion and homesickness. So finished with a few days in lovely Portland. I'm tired again just writing it. But it was an adventure. We did it with more grace than less, I hope. Bowie amazed me. I amazed myself. By the end my patience and creativity were worn thin. What a test! But worth doing. Just wish Chris had been with us. Or we hadn't been gone so long. More reflecting to do...

*reflect on the first day of school for Bowie. We went for Bowie's first visit to the little Waldorf school he will start at soon. A couple of nights before Chris and I couldn't sleep with all of our questions and worries...first day of school jitters. Chris wondered if they'd let him paint himself. I wondered how his love of weaponry and play fighting would show itself. And although it will only be 7 hours a week, a couple of afternoons, we wondered how this would fit into our "unschooling" lifestyle. Well, Bowie loved his visit. Stayed for the entire afternoon. I still have many questions. But whether he will enjoy it, I have few doubts.

*watercolor
*laundry
*work out
*blog more

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, first day of school. How exciting and terrifying. I'm so glad he liked it!

MamaC said...

Autumn, I can't get over this self portrait. It made me gasp the first time I looked at just what you had captured. Beautiful!