Thursday, March 06, 2008

Poop..Too Much Info

I won't scar anyone with photos of this. But Bowie poops in the backyard. It's barley 40 degrees, raining, thundering and he goes outside and poops on the grass. He's been doing this about a week now. About once or twice a day. Sometimes we bag it up the way we do with Tuba's little mounds. Sometimes Tuba beats us to it and she cleans it up; I wonder if she prefers cat or human turds?

I KNOW this is gross. I feel actually quite gross writing about it. But it's real. And we mamas need real stories so that when our children say that they want to take a dump on the turf, we won't feel so crazy. We'll know this too will pass (excuse the pun), that it won't make the dog sick, and it will serve us well on camping trips.

3 comments:

*camerashymomma* said...

oh my. i'm serious when i say river was channeling bowie today when he told me he wanted to poop in the dirt like roscoe.... aiyaiyai... and you're right about it serving you well with future camp trips! glad we aren't the only one having this conversation today (i know a pile of poop is looming in our grassy future!) ya gotta love these boys.

Anonymous said...

ha ha this gave me a good laugh. kids will be kids!

Tacie said...

Autumn,
I have been reading your blog for a while now. My sister Mary told us of you. We have just fallen in love with Bowie! I have three kids of my own. Dan is 16, we adopted him a couple years ago, Soren will be 4 June 15 and Liam will be one on Friday. I wanted to comment many times, but didn't have an account, now I do. So, it has been fascinating, educational and inspiring to watch Bowie grow right along with Soren. I will have to see if I can send you a pic of Soren, there have been a few times when Bowie has reminded us so much of her. As to outside relief, yup, been there. Soren likes to go pee in the grass. It was a necessity one day when we had no available RR and hence became an exciting thing to do. She doesn't do it often anymore, but still asks to pee in the grass on occasion. I am just now looking into your info on unschooling, I was really fascinated to learn about how we sometimes accidentally and sometimes purposefully make our children forget their inherent learning style. I am learning so much through her! And now Liam just amazes me in every different way imaginable. At one point we were looking at moving to Austin and I just knew we would have run into one another! Sorry this is so long, I feel as if I know you and have been waiting to talk to you forever! Take care, Tacie