Friday, May 19, 2006

Sweet Berry Farms



Thursday we drove out to Lexington with our friends Alix and Zsofi. When we stepped out of the car, the air smelled nearly sticky sweet with the scent of strawberries. Warm juice gushes out of the berries eaten straight from the plant - amazing. Goats, horse, donkey, lama and adorable wee puppies occupied the kids attentions for the majority of the time. So fun!

http://www.sweetberryfarm.com/

Bowie said something that really surprised me. He was very tired and we were finishing up our lunches. He and Zsofi both wanted to hold the basket and bucket that Zsofi brought. Bowie managed to get each of them and throw them. He never really hurt her, but they did hit her. And he was marching around saying, "I just wanna fight." OH. Where did this come from? He had heard his cousin say "Let's fight" while play fighting with sticks. It was very tame and Bowie had no idea what was going on, it seemed. That was the first time he'd ever heard the word "fight" I think. And then it showed up five days later in the emotional appropriate way just blows me away.

I expected it. But it still shocks me. I am so glad that he can tell me what he's thinking and what he wants. Lately he's been saying, "I just wanna throw it." And sometimes he does, but mostly he just says it, very emphatically, and doesn't throw what he would have previously thrown without hestitation. So I know it helps him. And it helps me really feel the need to interact with him respectfully and gently because it's so clear that he is so aware and capable.

A lot for me to think about recently.

No comments: