Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Palo Duro Canyon





I love camping. Bowie does too. 100 degrees in the panhandle of Texas without Chris is a bit less than ideal, but we survived and made some good memories. Bowie and I drove up with my sis and her daughter. 12 hours. YIKES! But it was worth it to have my folks with their family, their grandkids especially. We avoied a bit of the heat and sun with a daytrip into Canyon where we went swimming at the 50 year old municipal pool and then visited the Panhandle Plains Museum. Our campsite was visited by wild turkeys and rabbits. Bowie rode his tricycle a lot. He and Honey played a lot of music. It was fun but also really hard; and I sure wish I could know what memories Bowie made.

4 comments:

Celynen said...

I just wanted to comment that your photographs are gorgeous.

Celynen said...

I just wanted to comment that your photographs are gorgeous.

Autumn said...

thank you!

Brenda said...

Beautiful Autumn.....LOVE the second shot....it's simple yet it's powerful and i just adore the third one....the sense of space is awesome and little Bowie is so cute as always!