Sunday, May 27, 2007

Birthing Bowie


Birthing Bowie
Originally uploaded by autumn fawn
I want to tear the computer apart to find the birthstory I wrote after Bowie was born. But I really don’t want to spend tonight doing that. I want to remember being in labor. So here are some random memories I have had throughtout the day, 3 years before Bowie was born.

• Walking and walking around the neighborhood. Never making it very far. Stopping during contractions to hang in Chris’ arms.
• Folding clothes, labelling Chris’ drinking cup with the label maker, posting to my online natural childbirth group.
• Hugging my midwife, GB Khalsa when she arrived.
• Being told to watch a movie and rest. But never could. I was so angry that Chris could sleep. Furious that he could sleep. I didn’t sleep for 60 hours by the time Bowie was born.
• Rolling around on my exercise ball (which unfortunately hasn’t been used since).
• Chris filling the birthing tub with too hot water. My body was red and steaming. I wish he would write a post about managing the birthtub water temperture and level. He’s funny.


More tomorrow, Bowie’s 3rd birthday.

No comments: