Thursday, May 17, 2007

Meet Motorcycle Joe


I think I have mentioned Motorcycle Joe previously, but I think he deserves a full introduction. Motorcycles are a former love of Bowie's. While his interest in the vehicles have waned, Bowie has not abandonned his very special friend, Motorcycle Joe. He lives in Africa. Is 4 years old (like Bowie, hee hee). He has 2 babies. He has a drumset like Neil Peart's (Bowie's other VERY special friend, who also happens to be the drummer for Rush). He kills Mimims with a sword and spear. He calls to talk on the phone with Bowie. He is coming to Bowie's birthday party (as is Neil Peart).

Oh, what an imagination. The photo above is Bowie walking in front of some old offices in Bertram, TX. Bowie said that Motorcycle Joe lives there.

2 comments:

The Soul's Muse/Jennifer said...

How cool is your kid? That's just delightful.

Dakota is quite the music fan, too. He begs me to play the "beebles" (Beatles) and then he'll listen intently and say, "Mama, you hear that? That's a pano. Hear that? That the dum. Hear the pano again?" I love it.

R said...

oh I hope Quela and Kerensa get some friends like that! I love it!