Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow



A wonderfully crafty friend of mine (who I believe has even met Martha Stewart herself, who is inspiring and infuriating all at the same time to me) had a little snow globe making shindig. So fun. So fun. He chose two snowmen and a trumpet, clear and blue glitter. I did that gluing and such but he had this real true felling of having made something. Wonderful. He held it and looked at it all day. I had to make my own at home. Not perfect. Not Martha. But fun nonetheless. And good for my perfectionist tendencies...to just enjoy the process, for Bowie to see me making something that isn't perfect but is still full of joy and magic.

4 comments:

*camerashymomma* said...

these are so sweet! what a great idea. river is fascinated with every snowglobe we come across!

Sophie K said...

What do you mean they are not perfect? I think they are, and beautiful and sweet too.
And the joy you and Bowie must have had making them has no price.
Have a beautiful Christmas in Autumnland.
Love,
Sophie

Ali~ said...

The snowglobes are great! I love homemade ones. :)

Did you make an advent calender this year, Autumn? I missed seeing all of the photos that you usually take for it.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful, safe, happy Christmas!

Autumn said...

thanks y'all. i have big ideas for other snowglobes :) hope i remember to try again!

merry christmas y'all!

ali, sadly i decided not to attempt the advent calender photo album this year. bowie isn't so excited about biweekly photo shoots these days and i just didn't have the energy this time around. i will come up with something special next year...maybe we'll start in october this time!