Monday, January 14, 2008

Loving Cousins


Yesterday was a beautiful cool day so we went to the zoo with my parents and Bowie's older cousin Honey. My family went to this zoo a lot when I was a child. I have a lot of good memories there and it was fun to be sharing that again with my folks. The lions roared, the snow leopard was fluffed up, the grizzly bear was watching us watch him, the python was slithering, the sun was shining, the air was crisp and we ended the day at a greasy spoon. Honey and Bowie sat next to each other and my favorite moment of the day happened here.

Honey said, "Bowie, I fell in love with you." She looked at him, repeating and smiling, repeating and batting her eyelashes. Bowie finally answered, "Honey, I care about how you feel." OH the silly sweetness still fills me.

3 comments:

Elle said...

OMG...i just about cried reading that. I love reading about the wonderful things Bowie says and does..and what a beautiful thing for Honey & Bowie to say to each other. Hes such a great natured little boy..a lovely human being.
Elle

Anonymous said...

oh my word. you know he's gonna grow into a wonderful man. thanks for sharing this.

Dawn said...

Autumn - That is SO sweet. Just melts you. It's great when we get to overhear their little private moments.