Sunday, January 07, 2007

No Nap


No Nap
Originally uploaded by autumn fawn.



We are now five days without napping. Bowie can be pretty manic at the end of the day. He's running on fumes and has to keep himself going or he will crash. Friday I was so tired. I almost always nap with him. I love napping. And I need it. But haven't been getting one. So I called and then text messaged Chris to come home as soon as possible, but he had a meeting starting at 4:45. I knew that it was all me until the end and I decided that we'd both be happier with him jumping on the bed and me taking pictures. Taking pictures lets me see the beauty of my life. It lets me see the joy that in the moment, which can be hard for me to recognize in my own tiredness or frustrations. So that was a therapy. We both did things we loved. Working on the photos that night was another kind of healing for me. See it again, Autumn. THIS is what no nap can be like. Pure joy.

1 comment:

R said...

I love it when everybody wins and gets to have fun..something I try to strive for, even if it doesn't always work out that way. Bowie is a ball of energy in that photo! Beautiful!