Thursday, January 04, 2007

Rockin' Christmas



Bowie woke up Christmas morning to find a red drumkit just his size next to the Christmas tree in Chicago. All during the drive up he had been talking about his red drumset and Chris and I would look at eachother with "how does he know" expressions. We had the drums shipped there so he could never have seen them. Well, they were certainly meant to be together. He loves them and they are now set up in his room. I promise to shoot some video of it because it simply must be seen and heard. He often sings along too. After each song, he bows and names the song. Tonight the best was, "My Things are Everywhere".
A few nights ago, Bowie sang this song while we were driving:
I am dreaming about trees.
I am dreaming about cats.
I am dreaming about lights.
I am dreaming about dragons.
I am dreaming about mamas.
...
This is now one of our favorite family songs.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh! I love his little song! Isn't it precious how un-self-conscious they can be at this age?!

Autumn said...

oh, it's so true. it is a real gift to be in the presence of such exuberance.