Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Unplanned Stop Over in St Louis


I started out the trip to Chicago sick. I got the stomach bug that Bowie had the week before. The first day we made it to Joplin, Missouri and I warned Chris that I wasn't well. The next day it was clear that I couldn't eat anything and after a couple of hours on the road, it was clear taht we couldn't continue on so we stopped and stayed in a St Louis motel for two nights. It was miserable for me. Luckily, Chris and Bowie had a great time going to the arch, the zoo, and Whole Foods for some applesauce and yogurt. I didn't eat at all for two days. I was so drained. But after seeing Jumanji and Hook and sleeping off and on for almost 3 days, I finally felt like it was safe to get on the road and be with family. I didn't get to eat Christmas dinner. I never had even one of the surely delicious desserts (in that family, if you don't eat it then it will not be around later!) It sucked. I was terrible company for Chris' family. But we made it. I feared that we wouldn't.

This photo was taken on the way home. Bowie LOVED the arch and the "bumpy" train up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. bumped into your blog- this photo is absolutely awesome.