Monday, July 10, 2006

Bowie's Not a Baby



Bowie's a baby. Bowie's not a baby. The other day he repeated these two statements in a loop for the longest time. Without any questioning or silliness in his voice, because both are equally true. These photos show that he is undoubtably not a baby when in the cutest toddler vans and on a bike. We practice sitting on big bikes all of the time. He realizes that he can't ride them, but just wants to climb on, hold the handlebars, and sit onthe seat. He can identify the frame, seat, pedals, wheels, handlebars and chain.

But he will always be my baby. I tell him so all of the time. Even when he is a BIG man like papa, even when he can pick me up, he will still be my baby.

1 comment:

... said...

Autumn, last night my husband was surfing flickr and stumbled across your photos. (I think he was looking for David Bowie, he's been a fan for decades.)

This morning he told me to look at your photos, thinking he may have found a kindred spirit.

I took a look and was astonished, and when I looked at your blog, I was even more astonished.

I was photographing and writing about my children much as you do, 20-30 years ago.

So this is a comment for all of your blog (the writing and the photos): BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL!

Photography is my passion, too. That I can write (and have several published books and poems) is but a sub-topic to the real passion.

I am going to go back to flickr and add you as a contact, and that way, if you would like to add me as a contact, you may do so if you wish.

I don't have as many kid photos because my kids and grandkids all moved to Oregon where they could afford housing, but I have a set there of grandkids and one of other peoples' kids. Oh, and Oregon, and the Spigot series would also have lots of grandkid photos.

I hope to digitize all the photos I've taken over the years, but it is a daunting task, since there are about 8 large trunk-size boxes crammed with them!

I plan to read your blog as often as I can whenever my workflow slows down.

Good work, Autumn!