Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dancing Fool


Today Chris and I went to Pedernales State Park and sat int he river while Bowie stayed at my folk's house. He had a great time and so did we. Being out in nature with Bowie is wonderful. He explores and so do I. He asks questions about the animals and plants which leads me to look for the answers. But being in nature without Bowie is wonderful too. Chris and I settled ourselves into a little pool of river rapids. The current was REALLY strong. It was like getting a water massage. We couldn't have done that with Bowie. It was nice to have our guard down. Tomorrow is our 10th anniversary of dating. That first night we went swimming. He said that he was going to move to Seattle and wasn't looking for a girlfriend. I warned him that if he dated me, he would fall in love with me and want to be with me. I knew it was true. Immediately we were right for eachother. And now it is ten years later. I love him completely, holding nothing back from him at all. It is so wonderful to love that way.

Afterwards we stopped at the Salt Lick for dinner. Family style b-b-q. Here is Bowie dancing to a couple of guys playing a Beatles tune that strangely and wonderfully sounded a bit like acoustic Guided by Voices.

No comments: