Monday, August 28, 2006

Bowie Spent the Night

I have no photos to document this momentous event, but Bowie spent his first night away from us. He stayed at my parent's house overnight this Saturday. And while I think it was challenging for him and them, I think that they all loved it. Chris and I couldn't believe it when we woke up the next morning, hearing sounds and having to remind ourselves that Bowie wasn't there. We got to take a shower together! And go out for breakfast! The night before was a bit overkill for me...didn't eat enough, drank too much. But it was a treat nonetheless. We drove away from my parent's house Saturday and Bowie was riding his bike (yes a BIKE) the opposite direction. My baby boy was riding a bike and spending the night away. Life is changing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still remember Jakob's very first night away from home at Nanna's place, and then Madison's not so long ago.

Sounds like you had a great time - it's refreshing once in a while to have a tiny bit of a break, I think. Can't believe Bowie is riding a *BIKE*!! He is growing up.

Autumn said...

amanda, it will be a memory forever for us. it almost makes me cry, saddness and happiness at the changes. no bike pic yet, i need two hands and full vision to supervise still.

R said...

Maya is 11 and has been away with her cousins all weekend and called up tonight asking to stay another week! I'm so glad she had jaunts away when she was younger...so now I don't freak out tooo much when she spends time away.

Autumn said...

raquel, michele and i were just fantasizing about our boys having sleepovers together. when they are ready for it, it is such a good thing to go and have separate experiences. how cool that maya likes her cousins so much!

Anonymous said...

How old is Bowie? I wonder if it's time for Jude to make the leap.

Jude barely touches his trike. However he covets the bikes at Target every time we walk by.

Autumn said...

bowie is 27 months. it is a small bike with training wheels that we got from the thrift store last thursday. bikes at target are a BIG deal for us too. it is the reward for sitting in the cart while i shop.