Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Getty Center






And for me, museum and art lover that I am, the Getty Center was the highlight of the trip. It is the most amazing space, a place you must choose to travel to by tram after parking your car down hill. That journey to this place that it all on it's own really intensified the experience for me. While we didn't get to see much outside of the Family Hall and Elliot Porter's photography exhibit, it was a wonderful place. Lunch in the gorgeous restaurant was excellent (Chris made the best choices with onion soup and half order of mussels). Lounging on the lawns was dreamy. It felt like Europe, like an island to itself a bit.

The Blue Hockney Family Portrait is not my best in technique but I love it. Finally a pic of all of us, in a fun way, in homage to artists and learning. It was taken in an Hockney exhibit for children. I only had the chance to snap one before a slew of girls took over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the family portrait shot is incredible. The way the mirrors (I'm assuming they are mirrors?) show you all together and yet break you up into pieces. It's almost abstract. Very, very cool.