Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Long Beach Aquarium



Our first morning we woke up and went to the Long Beach Aquarium with the grandfolks. A nice one! Bursting with visitors. Bowie had a fantastic time, lingering at the tanks longer than any of us would have. I can't really express in words what it does so me to see him so entranced, mesmerized. The teacher in me is screaming teachable moment. And it was. But I say it with these photos, showing his experience as I see it.

He has been talking about it even a week later. Today he sat on my lap and looked at the photos, asking to look at the jelly fish and shark egg again. He loves the photo of him with the shark. We got a bag of sea animal toys and he's been playing with those in the tub and around the house (no spiky toys (squid, crab, manta ray, lobster) are permitted in the tub with him though, Bowie's orders).

1 comment:

The Metzgers said...

I LOVE the pic of Bowie w/ the shark! TOOO COOOL! I have a really cool one that is very similar of Connor when he was about 3. It's his profile with the otter tank in the back ground and he and an otter are looking at eachother. We framed it and hung it in the house.